Reach each corner of the North Vietnam within 15 days
Day 01: Ha Noi – Hoa Binh - Mai Chau
- Heading Mai Chau for the first visit to the white Thai minority
- Get to know their daily life and special architecture of stilt houses
- Enjoy lunch in Mai Chau
- Afterwards strolling throughout narrow lanes of Lac and Khom Coong village of the White Thai…
- Dinner and overnight in homestay in a White Thai family
Inclusive services:A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and homestay + meals (L + D)
Day 02: Mai Chau - Moc Chau – Thuan Chau - Son La
- Breakfast then for a new drive up to Moc Chau. Moc Chau is a mountain town at the elevation of 1500 m above the sea, home to the green H’Mong, the Dzao and the Muong ethnic minorities and famous for Its plantations of green tea and milk fresh from the cow
- Continue driving to Son La with visit and collect captivating pictures from the mountain ethnic minority villages dotted on the way
- Up hill to see the old colonial prison.
- Dinner and stay overnight in Son La
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and Hanoi – Son La hotel + meals (B + L)
Day 03: Son La – Dien Bien Phu – Muong Lay
- After breakfast, another drive to Dien Bien Phu
- Flexible for you to visit Dien Bien Phu old battle field and the war remnant museum, the A1 hill or
cemetery for who died in the war or not.
Drive to Muong Lay for overnight.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and Lan Anh hotel + meals (B + L)
Day 04: Muong Lay – Sin Ho - Tam Duong – Sa Pa
Driving into the deep area of Shin Ho on the hidden road up to the unexplored area. It will be great
to meet Sin Ho Sunday market
Over this thread road is a worth visit to the Heavenly gate and Binh Lu deep valley, partitioned by the Fansipan mountain range and Chinese border a beautiful stretch of road with Silver waterfalls.
Afternoon arrive in Sapa
Dinner and overnight in Sapa
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and Holiday Sapa hotel + meals (B + L)
Day 05: Sa Pa Trekking to 4 villages: Ylinh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai village
6-7 hrs trekking throughout 4 hamlets - visit 2 different kinds of minority.
- 05h15 you will arrive at the last arrival station – Lao Cai station. Picked up and drive up to Sapa. First of all, get shower, luggage store and then enjoy breakfast
- Trek down to YlinhHo and Lao Chai village of the black H’mong people.
- After a picnic lunch, keep on alongside Muong Hoa stream, over suspension bridges to Ta Van village of the Dzay people.
- Keep trekking to Cau May (Rattan Suspension bridge) - Giang Ta Chai I. Visit and stay overnight with a local family of the Dzay minority
- With your tour guide and the house owners, we will set up a temporary cooking class to learn how to cook Vietnamese food for dinner.
- Enjoying your dinner and getting to know local typical traditional customs, cultural….
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and homsestay + meals (B + L + D)
Day 06: Giang Ta Chai - Su Pan - Sa Pa – Overnight in Sapa
5 - 6hrs trekking with surprises at what you have never seen before
- In the early morning you will be sure to be woken up by the households but lucky to see how is their daily life for a new day coming!
- Enjoy some pancakes made by your tour guide’s skillful hands.
- Start a new trek into Hoang Lien Son National Park by more stunning landscapes and other ethnic minority villages dotted further your eyes sigh. Visit Giang Ta Chai village of the Red Dao minority and then continue that trail to Su Pan village for lunch
- Enjoy magnificent view of Ba Ho valley or visit some local houses of the Tay
- Afternoon car to return to Sapa
- Free time and overnight in Sapa
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and hotel + meals (B + L)
Day 07: Sapa - Bac Ha – A famous Saturday Market or Can Cau Saturday market or Coc Ly Tuesday market or Sin Chen Wednesday market
- 06h30 breakfast
- 07h00 leave Sapa for Bac Ha (one of above markets)
- Attend the Market that is regarded as the biggest ethnic market of all Northwest Vietnam. It is organized by about 7 different kinds of hill tribes, with 7 different colors of clothes, as well as traditional customs and local culture from the Tay, the Dzay, the Red Dzao, the Black H’mong… Come to the market for interesting discoveries, as well as getting to know the universal daily life of the hill tribes in Vietnam. Our guide will offer explanations.
- After lunch, visit the Palace of the King H’mong and then on the roundabout trails we walk to Pho village of the Flower H’mong to enjoy traditional folk music, dancing and musical instruments that you will hear traveling in Vietnam.
- Visit Na Hoi village of the Tay and Flower H’ Mong minority
- Dinner and overnight in the cozy host in Na Hoi village
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and homestay + meals (B + L + D)
Day 08: Bac Ha – Drive to Ha Giang for overnight
- If good weather, no rain we will follow the special adventure day from Bac Ha up to Xin Man and then Hoang Su Phi on the thread road that known to travelers as the house roof top of Indochina, you will catch magnificent landscapes in sleep and local minorities in the original
- If it rains, we will follow the connecting road between the Northwest to the Northeast of Vietnam and before this road is for ARMY only
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and Truong Xuan resort + meals (B + L)
Day 09: Ha Giang – Quan Ba – Yen Minh – Dong Van - Meo Vac
Dong Van and Meo Vac - the highest frontier points of Vietnam Nation bordering with China, restricted area in the past but lately opening to welcome adventure visitors. Terrain of rugger rock mountains high and sharp, the local people had spent 6 years to construct 20km of road and especially the workers had to hang themselves to work on the rugger rock cliffs during 11 months and finally the road was completed and those workers named this thread road is The Road of Happiness.
- After getting the permit to discover the restricted area – Border-frontline
- 08h30 head upon the unique thread road to Dong Van – among the Park of Karst that recently recorded as the World Heritage. View the fairy bosom and Quan Ba from the top of mountain
- Lunch in Dong Van
- Visit the Palace of Cat King (the King of H’mong minority) who before 1945 did not support The French in Vietnam as well as Tuong Gioi Thach in China, he took own power and dominated over 70 thousands of H’mong people overall the Northeast-west of Vietnam as his autonomous territory with the capital in Dong Van but after 1945 he followed Ho Chi Minh…
- Driver to enjoy the most spectacular landscape of Indochina (Ma Pi Leng Pass) = (kneed-horse pass), this means the pass is so high that all horses passing have to bend their knees to rest by being exhausted
- Dinner and overnight in Meo Vac
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and Hoa Cuong + meals (B + L)
Day 10: Meo Vac – Bao Lac – Ba Be lake
- The road Meo Vac –Bao Lac – Cao Bang has just opened back for tourist, travel on this road, not only for unexplored landscape and minorities but also for none-tourist roads
- Late afternoon arrive in Ba Be
- Dinner and overnight in Ba Be – Pac Ngoi village of Tay People
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and homestay + meals (B + L + D)
Day 11: Bake – Cao Bang
Boating around Babe lake for natural verdant scenery.
In the morning
- Take a motor boat around the central lake and national park.
- Alongside Nang river to visit Puong cave and Dau Dang waterfall where you and take a short rest, swim then enjoying a picnic lunch
- Drive to Cao Bang
- Dinner and overnight in Cao Bang
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and Hoang Anh hotel + meals (B + L + D)
Day 12: Cao Bang – Pac Bo cave and Nguom Ngao cave and Ban Gioc nicest hugest waterfall – Lang Son Border for overnight
- Today is dedicated to discover all the corners of Cao Bang Province
- Visit Pac Po cave where Ho Chi Minh first time returned Vietnam 1942
- Drive on shortcut on hidden road to the most famous water - Ban Dzoc waterfall that known to adventurous travelers as the nicest hugest one in Viet Nam. Here you can enjoy a fresh swimming in the waterbase, with a permit included you can see the neighbouring China for a moment then back to Cao Bang for dinner and overnight.
- Visit Nguom Ngao cave 2km from the waterfall (people say very beautiful and intact and no tourist)
- In the afternoon we will not drive back to Cao Bac but on the other short cut road to Lang Son on the threaded roads of Dong Khe and That Khe pass with stopover for magnificent landscapes and remote village, huge mountain and rainforest to the middle province of Lang Son that sharing the border with Chine.
- Stop at Huu Nghi or Friendship international border gate and Tan Thanh border market.
- Dinner and overnight in Lang Son.
Inclusive services: A private car, tour guide, sightseeing ticket and Van Xuan + meals (B + L)
Day 13: Lang Son – Halong Bay – Overnight on Boat
After breakfast, check out the hotel then drive to Halong Bay
Ha Noi - Ha Long bay - Overnight on Vega Cruise
11h45 Welcome aboard and enjoy a fresh seafood lunch on the boat restaurant while we cruise further into the bay of immensity of limestone mountains
Sit back and relax as we cruise past the following islands and sights: the Dog stone, the Fighting Cock islet and the couple islet via the 3 -tunnel grotto, the floating fishing villages and fish farms.
- Visit the largest cave in the bay called Hang Sung Sot (Surprising cave).
- Paddle in our 2-person kayak through a limestone tunnel grotto called (Hang Luon) into a lovely lagoon. You may even see wild monkeys playing on the mountain cliffs. Paddle along and through narrow passages to visit the Man head island, Butterfly cave and Horse Neck cave. Spend more time swimming from the boat or kayak in the emerald waters…
- Anchor in a tranquil lagoon among Bai Tu Long Bay, Ha Long Bay and Lan Ha Bay for dinner and a peaceful night on the boat.
Vega minivan and deluxe rooms on Vega Cruise, full-time English speaking tour guide, kayak, entrance fees into Halong Bay, meals (B + L+ D)
Rooms on the Cruise: Air-conditioned rooms, private bathroom and window with an ocean view (see the cruise's amenities in Images Tab)
Day 14: Halong Bay – Lan Ha Bay – Cat Ba Island
- 07h00 Wake up, do morning exercises on the boat deck and then the boat will drop us on Titop Beach island.
- Walk up 340 constructed terraced steps to the top of the mountain to watch the sunrise over the bay. The 360 degree view is breath-taking from this pagoda with views of Halong Bay and Cat Ba Island Nat Park.
- Walk down to Titop beach, a naturally formed sand beach, for a refreshing dip in the bay.
- Afterwards enjoy breakfast on the boat while we cruise towards Lan Ha Bay and Cat Ba Island.
- Transship to tour small junk and then continue boating into Lan Ha Bay, the shallow bay surrounds Cat Ba National Park – Here we can decide to follow one of 2 flexible options.
+ Option for those whom likes cycling and trekking.
- The junk will approach Cat Ba National Park – Viet Hai dock where we will cycle 30 minutes on the shady path to Viet Hai village, visit and talk to get to know the daily life of the local villagers
- From the village, we trek for 1,5 hours on a roundabout trail into the park through the cave of bat, discover the tropical forest and the national biosphere of Cat Ba and over the mountain for universal view of Viet Hai village
- Afterwards we continue cycling back to the junk.
- Enjoy lunch on the junk.
- Flexible activities: Relaxing on the junk deck or swim in the emerald waters…,
- Full afternoon for Kayaking: Paddle our kayak around to discover the hidden bay with long tunnel grottoes, quiet lagoons, secluded beaches and visit fishing villages to learn more about the daily life of fishermen…
- Watch the sunset over the bay as we cruise to Cat Ba Island
- Check in the hotel for a relaxing night on Cat Ba Island
Vega boat, full time English speaking tour guide, kayak, entrance fees for Lan Ha Bay and Cat Ba NP and meals (B + L) Hotel Acc: Hung Long hotel 3*, superior room with ocean viewing window, air-conditioned
Day 15: Cat Ba Island - Lan Ha bay – Bai Tu Long Bay - Ha Long – Hanoi
- 07h00 check out the hotel and enjoy buffet breakfast
- Take another boat trip though Lan Ha Bay to meet our big boat again
- Transship and cruise past Van Gia fishing village further into Bai Tu Long Bay. This outer route will lead you into an area lesser traveled by tourist and well-known for its magnificent seascapes
- We will stop for a while in a peaceful place for relaxation on the boat deck before heading for Halong pier.
- 11h45 Disembark and transfer to a hotel restaurant for lunch.
- After lunch we will drive back to Hanoi
- Estimated to arrive in Hanoi between 16h30 – 17h00
Inclusive services: Vega minivan and cruise, full time English speaking tour guide and meals (B + L